Every shop or craft booth needs to have some “easy buys.” Those inexpensive items that are easy to pick up on your way out… simple pleasures, great for office gifts or stocking stuffers! Every major retailer has these… those tiny, tempting goodies packed into that long aisle before you check out. Guilty pleasures that don’t make you feel that guilty because they really don’t cost you that much. Make sure that along with your scarves and hats and blankets that took you hours to create (and are priced accordingly), you have a few of these easy-to-pick-up items as well!
The best part is that the reason you can sell each of these items for a low price is that they each use very little yarn (dare I say “scrap” yarn) and they are quick and easy to whip up. Here are a few of my favorite patterns to use for my “easy buys”…
1. Cup Cozies – My favorite: Frayed Knot’s 15 minute Coffee Sleeve. The options for embellishments are endless!
2. Hair Clips – My Favorite: This little butterfly appliqué from Planet Penny. They look fancy, but they’re very simple to make. Just sew a clip on the back and you’re set!
3. Simple Headbands – My Favorite: these simple headbands from Bits & Bobbles. You can always add embellishments, but these are pretty and classy all on their own, especially if you have an array of color choices on display.
4. Soap Savers – My Favorite: Pampering Massage Soap Savers from Moogly blog. They look luxurious, yet they’re quick & easy to make.
5. Wrist Wrap Bracelets – My Favorite: this simple tutorial from right here on Cute As A Button Crochet & Craft. There’s even a free printable for packaging. Pretty and stylish, these are very fun.
6. Face Scrubbies – My Favorite: These scrubbies from You Should Craft. They are easy and so cute as a set. Have fun coming up with fun color combos!
And there you have it! Do you have a favorite project for an “easy buy” item? Please share in the comments!